4.14.2006

blast off to Jesus!

Last night, I dug out an old camshaft and grabbed the hack saw. It took me a bit but I finally cut the points side off of the shaft after about 20 min of sawing. Then the hunt began for all the bits needed to make a mock Dyna install. I found a spare points housing, spark arrester and lash bolt/nut. It's actually pretty cool. A portable version of my ignition. I'll try to get a pic of it tonight.

A guy on caferacer.net said he just shimmed out the cover 1/4". But I'd like to keep that cover sealed up. I know the Dyna isn't near as sensitive as points but if I can minimize the amount of gunk in there, all the better. Now I'm waiting on my cam chain tool so we can button up the engine. While I have the time, I think I'm gonna paint my engine mounts as well. I painted the stator cover and valve covers. They look pretty cool, it's a low gloss black. Even though it's gonna be nice on Sat, there isn't much I can do at the shop. So I'll hit CRC2, blab with Rob for a bit and then spend the rest of the day with RedQueen.


time for breakfast....

1 comment:

Laurence said...

Just want to send a quick note and tell you that your blog has been included in Clutch and chrome's Blog Directory at http://www.clutchandchrome.com/blog.htm Congratulations!!

Sorry to use your comment section to leave this message, but we couldn’t see an email address on your blog. Come and check out the new resource for riders featuring bike nights and events, latest news and articles. Email the editor at Clutch and Chrome, there’s a project we’d like you to be part of!