12.12.2006

a few steps back

I found a set of stock CL450 carbs on ebay and a throttle cable. They should be in the mail on Thursday. Not sure when I'll get back to the shop to do the swap. Plus, I still need to clean out the carbs on the 350 and pick up another rebuild kit. Once they're clean, I'll box 'em up and build them at home. Maybe even do the same to the new set of stock carbs. I might sell the Mikuni carbs and just keep the stockers.

With winter starting to settle around the Midwest, prime garage time is upon us. We need a new heater for the garage but I think we're pushing it with our extension cord fiasco. Our power supply is pretty limited to 2 outlets. Guess we're gonna need a few more extension cords! If we stay focused, it shouldn't be a problem to get the 450 and 350 road worthy by spring. I'm gonna do it for the lowest cost. Probably get a set of cheap Ching Shin tires from Cycle Recycle II. Maybe trade those Mikunis for the parts I need.

There's a ton of work that Funkz wants to do to the 750. It will be fun to dig into a new engine, plus it's a SOHC, so that makes it easier. We don't have too much to do to his bike. Getting the engine out will be a big pain in the butt. It's a monster and probably weighs about 200lbs.

In about 3 months, we should be able to roll out all 3 bikes with engines roaring. The RedQueen wants to get some saddle time on the CL350 at Mike's place. I'm glad she's looking forward to it. We both need to find a MSF course to take during the spring. My riding manners are still pretty green, so I know it will definitely help me. We've even talked about riding to Vintage Days and maybe the DOOM ride with UTMC.

slacking time is up... back to work.

No comments: