I have a set of bronze swing arm bushings, tapered stem bearings and new fork boots on the way. I also found a new swing arm shaft w/zerg fittings. Now, I need to track down a center collar since mine is in pretty rough shape. Pics to come when the parts arrive.



Got the shop computer up and running tonight and even found an old digital camera to keep out here. So, now I have no excuse for not taking pictures and making posts about garage time. A few pics from tonight:

I might be ordering my parts this week. Should be getting my bronze bushings, stem / wheel bearings and fork boots. That should be enough to start piecing the frame back together. I need to clean up the swing arm pivot rod to see if it's salvageable or not. I'm trying to keep this project on the cheap and reuse as many parts as possible. The forks had some bad corrosion on the upper area, behind the steam ears. But that buffed out and got a layer of protective grease to keep it from coming back.

progress w/o pictures.

Both CB750s are stripped down to the frames. Funky's bike now has a set of bronze swing arm bushings to replace the worn out pot metal factory set. The tapered stem bearings are patiently waiting in the freezer but they're on hold until we can get his frame modified. There are a few basic wiring repairs/upgrades remaining but they have to wait until reassembly.

His engine is back from Cycle Exchange and man is it impressive. It's been bored out to 97?cc, hot cam and lots of other upgrades I can't remember. Once the frame has been modified, we can shoe-horn the engine back in and start reassembly. This bike will be a monster on the street and hopefully break some records when he runs it at the strip and on the salt.

My 750 is down until I order the needed parts (swing arm bushings, stem bearings, etc). Once I have those (and have degreased the frame again), I'll start piecing it back together. We still need to pick up the engine and see if we can get the #4 cylinder to stop fogging out the neighborhood. Most likely I'll need to hone the cylinders and drop in new rings. I am a bit worried what we'll find once we dig into the engine but we'll see. The running theory is that it used to be someones drag bike (painted over racing numbers on the seat, possible 836cc kit, covers w/cooling fins).

Like always, I've started a project and haven't taken pictures of the process. I did find an old camera, which will live in the garage. Might even get some pics up tonight. I'm trying to build a beat up old shop computer and post directly from the source of all the action.

I don't day dream too often about bikes I don't own but man would I love to have one of these (and I'm not a H.D. fan).


changing direction


Originally, this "blog" was about motorcycles. Then that faded and it focused on guns and misc stuff. Soon, I'm going to bring back the motorsickle content and steer things in that direction. I also plan on incorporating some crazy Japanese content. My stepfather is from Japan and I'm starting to really dig my new "step" culture. Oh man do I want to ride the streets of Tokyo!

In exchange for wiring repairs and some other upgrades to a friends bike, I'm being paid in the form of a CB750 SOHC. Needs plenty of work but I'm looking forward to it. I've started on the project bike but like an idiot, I haven't taken a single picture. I'll try to remedy that this weekend.

You might see some layout changes, link changes and I'm going to kill the "paleo blog" I started. I'm still following the diet (for the most part) and working out but I can barely keep up with this blog, I don't need a second.

*image from the 555