Tourmaster Textile OverpantsTourmaster Overpants on eBay from a dealer out of IL. The MSRP for the pants is $139.99 and they had them on sale for $45.00 with free shipping. I was looking for something lightweight as an over-pant but these were such a good deal I went with them. The knee armor was nice but the hip armor was just closed cell foam so I replaced it with some nice Dianese hip pads I had around.
• Constructed with a 600 Denier Carbolex® Plus shell and 1680 Denier Ballistic polyester knee panels
• Overpant designed to be worn over street clothes
• Rainguard® waterproof/breathable barrier
• Phoslite® reflective piping for increased nighttime visibility
• Waterproof zippered thigh vents provide ventilation
• Double-stitched construction throughout
• Dual-elastic panel waistband with adjustable waist belts
• Waterproof, accordion-style expansion panels at the rear waist and above knees for increased flexibility
• Two zippered hand pockets
• Removable CE-approved knee armor with Tour Master's Three Position Knee Armor Alignment system as well as removable soft (closed-cell foam) hip armor.
• Full length, waterproof side entry leg zippers and zippered side entry allow for ease of dressing
• Features 8" pant/jacket zipper attachment with the jacket sides included
|The hip pad on the left is the original ones provided by Tourmaster. The hip pad in the middle are Dianese soft thermoformed hip inserts. The knee armor on the right is the knee protection provided with the pants.|
The Overpants are well constructed with expansion panels at the knee and at the waist which makes them fit in riding position. I bought the medium to fit my 32" inseam and 32" waist. Tourmaster recommends the medium for 32"-34" waist and 31.5" inseam. Tourmasters sizing chart is very accurate for an overpant. The Phoslite® reflective piping is in fact very reflective and runs the whole lengt of the leg. The only improvement that could be made is to the zippered thigh vents that could be larger to allow more airflow. An upgrade option of the hip pads would be nice also. Otherwise the Overpants are NICE.