7.01.2019

Project CBR600F: Valve Service

Friday night, I managed to tackle the valve service.  The intake valves were all too tight, while the exhaust were mostly within spec. Even with the custom tool, it was still a challenge on cylinders 1 and 4.  With a little help from my coworker who used to race a Hurricane, I got the throttle cables routed correctly (mostly) and the choke cable installed.  However looking back in my notes, I noticed I did not check the float height.  A quick visit to Revzilla and a float tool is on it's way.  With the carbs cleaned, jets checked and pilot screws set to stock, I didn't want to skip the floats and end up needing to tear it down again.







Screw and lock nut adjusters make adjustments easier but more frequent. 


I may etch these into the frame and use some paint to highlight them.






Push me! Pull you! 


I still have this rat's nest to deal with. 


2 comments:

Wickedstock said...

Valuable information,Thanks lots for sharing them with us..

red said...

Thanks Wicked stock! If you every want us to do some gear reviews, let us know!