I hit CRC2 today to pick up some parts and the curse struck me again. My rear sprocket is a 33 tooth, not the standard 34. Plus, the mounting holes are much larger than what they should be and it's a smaller sprocket. So, Rob found something that matches up with a little mish-mashing. I'm not sure if it's going to work but we'll find out this weekend. So, in theory, I have a new front and rear sprocket, new (to me) coils, fuel line and a heavy duty (non o-ring) chain.
I'm hoping the weather this weekend is nice and that the damn outlet is working again at the shop. Kinda hard to use power tools when you don't have power. I can atleast get the sprockets installed and maybe get the wiring cleaned up. So far, things are coming along at a good pace. With any luck I'll get a good chunk of the work done Saturday. I still have misc things to buy like more electrical connectors, cotter pins and other bits. I need to bring my seat home and start cutting it down to a more cafe style seat. Think I'm gonna use the orginal pan and cut out the cheap thick foam. Then replace it with a nice closed cell foam to rest my scrawny ass on.
Since I didn't fiddle with my carbs too much, I'm hoping I won't have to sync them but I'll probably end up doing it anyway. That will be a learning experience. I found an electronic ignition for my bike, gonna set me be back about $190 but it will be worth every penny. Still need to get a helmet, jacket and these kick ass armored pants you wear under jeans. I'm probably just gonna ride in my dirty carharts, they should hold up a little better than jeans, plus the armor underneath.
back to work....