4.04.2017

Mating Ritual: LS2 Pioneer and SENA SMH5

A couple of people have asked how I installed my SENA SMH5 on to the LS2 Pioneer.  It wasn't very difficult compared to my other helmets but the slider for the internal visor is right in the sweet spot for a Bluetooth module.


I used the clamp mount and positioned it just behind the slider.


The internal part of the mount is between the EPS liner and shell. It's going to take some force to get it in there, so don't be gentle with it. You may need to separate the mount pieces.  After the mount was in place, I removed the liner, neck roll and cheek pads to make installing the speakers and microphone easier.


A little gaffer tape helps keep the microphone in place. 


To avoid wind noise, keep the microphone off to the side.


Extra wiring hidden under the neck roll.


Left speaker in place.

There are no real speaker pockets but there is enough room to squeeze them in there.  It will take some trial and error to get them in a position that is comfortable and gives you the best sound quality. 


I used a zip tie to help keep strain off the wires and hold them in place.



I love this helmet.


If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Stay safe out there.

2 comments:

damien said...

How's this helmet in the rain? Much ingress of water?

red said...

Hi Damien, sorry for the late reply! I have only used it in light rain and I do not recall any leakage. However, since you can't close the cheek vents, they may let rain in. I'll be back on two wheels and putting more miles on this helmet soon. I'll do a long term review.




Thanks for stopping by!