2.10.2006

blah blah blah

So, I'm trying to decide what to do with myself about school and work. This debate seems to be going around right now. I want to go back to school but I don't know what I want to go for. I'd like to get some rough idea before applying. I've pondered everything from following in my Grandfather's footsteps and being a machinist to teaching (philosophy, science, ???) and even some forensics. But the problem is my wide range of interests. And (I know this is stupid) I almost feel like it's too late to start college. I know that's bullshit and I only feel that way because so much importance was placed on college in High School. Fuck, I'm only gonna turn 28 this year, I better figure something out. I know I don't want to be in IT/Telecom anymore. The people are generally boring and I seem to have lost my ability to seperate myself from work. Maybe the few cool jobs I've had in the past have ruined my work mindset. Don't get me wrong, I still show up and do my job but I just don't like it.

Screw all the non bike crap...

On to more important things. Tomorrow Funkz and I will be braving the 25degree weather to hit the shop and get more done. I plan on pulling the front and rear sprockets, drive chain and mounting that ignition cover. I might even extend that wiring if my fingers don't fall off first. I got outbid on that headlight bucket and now I can't find a decent one. I'm gonna wait until Cycle Recycle has one, maybe get all my stuff at once. My tax checks came through today but I'm gonna be dropping most of it on furniture for our new swank apartment. The RedQueen and I moved last weekend and it rocks. We're going to have Funkz take some black and white pics of our bikes and frame them. Plus RQ wants to find cool old school vintage pics (I want some boardtrack racing) to frame as well. Dammit I'm lucky to have a girl that loves vintage bikes.
I wish I had gotten into bikes much sooner in life but my grandparents would barely let me have a minibike with a tiny 3hp Tecumsah pullstart. If I had an earlier start, maybe I could have enough experience built up to start a shop. I'd love to just build up old bikes and sell 'em. But I like building rats and I doubt we'd sell very many of them. Indy is full of weekend warriors and replica racers.

No comments: