5.11.2015

Adding a Pelican case to an XJ600 Part 3

The front top case mounts failed last week.  When I built them, they had to be tall enough to so I could still remove the seat but I was worried that they were too tall and the weight of my laptop bag would bend them.  However, I didn't think they would break at the bend so quickly.


The case barely made it home.  After stripping the mount and racks apart, I dug out the parts for my original plan.  Basic PVC spacers to go between the case and the bike.  Since I swapped my Corbin seat for a stock one, the case no longer needs to sit almost 3 inches off the bike.  Everything went together perfectly.  The case is very stable but I did add a friction fit rubber spacer at the tail of the bike to help support the case.






1 comment:

Blogger said...

I've just downloaded iStripper, so I can have the sexiest virtual strippers on my taskbar.