12.08.2006

long time no blog

This Sunday, Mike is bringing down the Norton and with any luck, we'll have it's tranny installed and functioning properly. He's also bringing down the CL350 so I can do some wrenching on it over the winter. I'll have to get a pic of the 350 and 450 next to each other. They'll look like long lost siblings or at least step-siblings.

If all goes well, we might venture out in the December air for a quick ride. It all depends on the temperature and conditions. I've never done any cold weather riding, so I'm applying my camping/backpacking techniques for keeping warm. I'm pretty cold blooded by nature, so staying completely warm is pretty difficult. I picked up a helmet liner that doubles as a balaclava. Not to be confused the tasty Greek dessert, baklava. I think with that, a fleece scarf, my riding jacket, jeans, insulation layers and gloves, I should be ok. Man that's a lot of commas...

Any winter riding tips?

In nonriding news, most of my Christmas shopping is done. I still have a few select things to buy for my Mom and Dad. Not sure what I'm getting her but something black and orange for the HD store will please my Dad. He's a Harley rider but loves anything with two wheels (except sport bikes). The RedQueen has quite a few surprises coming her way. Might even top last years gift. Last year I picked up a decent Martin guitar for her since she loves to play but doesn't have a guitar.

Well... time to skip out of work early!

bundle up and stay safe if you're braving the winter roads!

No comments: