11.04.2010

frosty

I got my riding pants last night and decided to ride to work today. Put some layers on, threw my work clothes in my backpack and fired up the bike. I left about 30 minutes earlier than normal, so traffic was very light. The ride was good and all the gear kept me warm. The insulated gloves work ok but my hands still get chilly. So, I'm thinking about doing this instead of heated grips or electric gloves. Seems like a good alternative to the slip on grips.

The weather should be nice next week but due to work scheduling, commuting will be unlikely.

Riding to work...a good way to start the day.

4 comments:

NotClauswitz said...

There's also wind deflectors, kinda like open mits (like bark-busters) that fit around the bars in the grip area and keep the wind-blast off. I got a pair of flexible MSR ones if you want 'em - I got them from a friend and never used them since I'm not street riding...

red said...

I'll gladly give 'em a try. Drop me an email with all the fine print.


red450ATgmaildotcom


Thanks!

Stacy said...

I'd love to see a write-up on those in-bar heaters if you decide to go that route.

Grumpyunk said...

Those look pretty spiffy, Red. I've got a set that go under the grips that have been sitting in a drawer for 2-3 years and I'm just to lazy to take the time to install them. Yeah, I'm a moron.