5.23.2012

the walk of shame...

Today, I rode to work and got to park with all the other bikes like a big boy. I even managed to bring my wife a drink from Starbucks on my way home for lunch. All was well until I was on my home after running errands.

I felt a sputter and thought "Hmmm, my exhaust sounds rather farty.". It wasn't my imagination. Nor was it my brain playing tricks on me when I was riding two-up and thought I heard and felt the same thing.

Well, as the title says, I got to do the walk, or rather push of shame. I pushed the XJ about 3/4 of a mile home.

Turns out, my mileage estimates were a bit, uh, generous. At 160 miles, I have to switch to reserve. So, since the last stretch towards home is all up hill, the bike pooped out a bit early. By the time I got back to flat ground, I was so pissed off I didn't think about the possibility of running out of gas.

Live and learn.

No comments: