10.20.2022

Project CBR600F: Planning for the cold months.

 Since the Hurricane survived my trip, it's time for neglected maintenance and upgrades.  The basic plan is the following: 

1. Replace leaking valve cover gasket

2. Check Valve Clearance (again, just to be sure)

3. Replace all coolant hoses 

4. Longer Clutch Cable

5. Cam Chain Tension 

6. Oil Change and Carb Drain

7. Progressive Springs

8. Stainless Brake Lines 

9. Factory Muffler w/Baffles intact


I may drop the engine for the valve service and for a good degreasing.  There's a lot of grime built up over the years, and that makes leak tracking very challenging.  The seat may even get rebuilt again, with a harder foam under the closed cell foam I added before the trip.  The heated grips turned out to be a disappointment, when compared to the the Kimpex set I put on my XJ600. I'd like something that incorporates the switch/controls into the left grip, with multiple settings.  





Stay safe out there. 

No comments: