5.31.2006

moto news (2 and 4 wheel)

Last night we began puppy proofing the apartment. We pick up our German Shepherd pup on June 17th. She's a German/Czech bloodline, full working/protection dogs. I never had a dog when I was a kid, so needless to say I'm pretty stoked! We plan on training her in Schutzhund and maybe Search & Rescue. It's going to be a lot of hard work but well worth it. Be warned, in the future my blog will be mixed with dog info and bikes. On to the moto news....

I ordered my Mikunis last night from Pro-Flo, along with some new jets, needle and a tuning manual. They should be here by Saturday. I have a new front brake cable and fuel filters to install as well. Thanks to Surly for the tips on checking my tach cable. Soon my bike will be sporting a set of these:



The decision to go back to a larger vehicle (despite gas prices) has been settled. I'm searching for either an older Cherokee, Pathfinder or something similar. I found a 95 Pathfinder today for a good price. Now, I have to convince the bank to give me money for it. Hopefully my credit has improved enough to do so. I'm not anti-SUV as long as they're a reasonable size. Plus, unlike most people, I actually use the 4x4 besides winter. I've had 3 Jeeps, a Samurai and a Pathfinder in the past. All were good trail rigs and fun year round. I'll need to extra space for the pup, once she's grown. We'll be carting her around for training and competitions. Plus it's always good to have a 4x4 incase the Zombie Apocalypse comes.

I'll try to get some pics of the work this weekend and maybe a movie if we get the bike to fire up with the new carbs.

1 comment:

Surly said...

Glad I could help.