5.28.2020

Project CBR600F: Lighting the way.

Lighting has always been an issue in my current garage. I found some inexpensive LED tube lights that can be daisy-chained, and got them installed over the weekend.  What a difference! I'm going to add two more and that should be perfect. 
+

Let there be light!


My OEM o-rings finally arrived and I was able to squeeze in some time to rebuild the carbs (again). Realistically, these aren't terrible to break apart and reassemble. 





I decided to roll the dice and not leak test them on the rack.  We'll see if the moto-gods are on my side. 


Carbs in!


Front sprocket = good!


Rear sprocket = good!


Houston, we have a problem. 

This poor bike has had a very rough life; which tends to be the case for old sport bikes. Especially when you find one with no fairings (or in my case, fairings, lights or signals).  I'm going to try to pound out that dent but it may be time for an eBay swing arm.  I also found the chain is way too short, not sure why that's the case unless it was someone counting links incorrectly or maybe just trying to be cheap.  Either way, I have to cut it off and buy a new one. At least the sprockets are good.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

red said...

Counted the plates again, came up short. Total of 108, should be 110. My guess is they cut the chain short to compensate for the damaged swingarm. The dent has essentially wedged the left tensioner in place. Found a swingarm from eBay for a good price. The current driveline/swingarm set up is sufficient for testing but I wouldn't trust it more than that.

Pamela said...

La palanca de cambios se fabrica en moldes para inyeccion de plastico