4.26.2021

Project CBR600F: Revenge of the return of the night of the day of the leaks that wouldn't die!

 Well well well.... what do we have here? Leaky fucking McLeakerson. 

I found the source of the latest gas leak, the one that popped up last autumn.  The only reason I spotted it was the bike was revving out the last of the fuel in the bowels and SPRAYING fuel out of the right side of the T.  Probably didn't see it before due to the tank being installed. I had replaced these o-rings in Sept of 2019 . Apparently, my judgement of "close enough", wasn't good enough.  The Harbor Freight o-rings either weren't really sized correctly, or they didn't stand up to the fuel exposure.  Either way, the OEM Honda set have been ordered.  I almost ordered the kit with the fuel T but I have one on my donor carbs.  

In addition to the finding the fuel leak, I managed to clean out my work space so I can, you know, work; as well as replaced my crappy DIY stator gasket. It gave out over the winter and left a pool of congealed oil on the garage floor.  I managed to track one down on eBay, it isn't OEM but it's sure as hell better than what I made. Wait, is this going to be any other "close enough" but not good enough? I doubt it.  

I ordered a set of PlugPhones, and installed my homebrew audio jack.  The audio stream is a bit staticky but not terrible, wind noise may cover that up.  The headphones are nice, and will work well under a helmet, as well as doing chores like mowing.  


Neural uplink complete. 

Looking forward to FINALLY getting the bike to move under it's own power without leaving a trail of fuel.  I didn't bother looking into whether cylinder 2 was working since it's a moot point until the fuel issues are resolved. 

Stay safe out there. 



No comments: