6.14.2021

Project CBR600F: High Powered Honker

 The stock horn on most motorcycles sounds like someone is strangling a goat.  The horn on my Hurricane is so quiet, it doesn't even work.  After a few "I really wish I had a horn" moments on my test rides, I decided I should probably order the Denali Soundbomb Mini from Revzilla




For most installations, this is just plug and play.  However... that wasn't the case with my bike.  I believe this is due to the full LED conversion and how the OEM horn shared a power feed from the marker lights.  When I would press the horn button, the front marker lights would dim and the horn would go "bloop". 

Before hacking into the harness, I took the horn switch part to make sure it was clean and working properly.  Besides being dirty, it was working just fine.  


With that checked, it was time to get cutting.  I unwrapped the harness, found the Wht/Grn wire and snipped it.  To test, I ran a hot lead back to my distribution block.  I turned the key, hit the horn button and HONK! Damn, it's loud. With the power of honk confirmed, it was time to give it some proper connections and clean up the wiring.  



This is the exact reason why I love to use power distribution blocks.


I feel bad for any future owner of this bike. So much red spaghetti.


I'm not a fan of it's current mounting location, so I'm going to try and stuff it behind the headlight bucket when I do the fork seals since I'll have that all torn apart again. 


Tomorrow is surgery day for the forks.  I'm prepped and ready.  For once, I'm using all OEM parts and fluids!


Stay safe out there. 

1 comment:

Pm Khan said...

https://wickedstock.com/