6.01.2021

Project CBR600F: Breaking The Law!

 Remember what I said about the EPA limiter caps?  Adios you little buggers. 


I used some cork gasket material to pad my vice jaws and heated the screws up with a heat gun.  With a little tug, they slide right off. Remove the leftover glue and you're in business. When I pulled the pilot screws, I carefully dug out the spring, washer and o-ring for each.  As I guessed, the o-rings were toast.  Which really sucks because they're even more difficult to find and I have yet to find the factory size. 

However, I went way down the rabbit-hole while writing this post last night, and I believe I've found a few sources for them.  Once I have these replaced, that will be all of the seals and o-rings refreshed on these carbs.  

I got the new floats swapped over yesterday, as well as cleaning up the float valves and seats.  I didn't find any gunk but my eyesight ain't what it used to be. 





Once the carbs are buttoned up, I can get back to farting around town with my leaky fork seals.  The seal kits should be here in the next week or so, and I plan on swapping out the 2x offroad lights for my printed headlight bucket and a round LED headlight.  One step at a time.  

No comments: