8.24.2021

Project CBR600F: Making Progress!

 The Delkevic baffle took all of 5 minutes to install, and it has definitely dampened down the raspy tone.  I'd still prefer it to be quieter but I'll take what improvement I can get. 




My cheap Trackside USB charger was acting up and I noticed it wasn't charging my "speedo" at all. Turns out this is a common problem. So, I swapped it out for a new one from Amazon that also has a volt meter, then designed and printed a mount.  I can't see it while riding, so I may move it to a bar mount in the future. 




The jetting saga continues.  I've increased the Main Jets to 115 which made some improvement at higher RPM range. Using this handy-dandy guide from Factory Pro, I have a much clearer path ahead.  A lot of the carb tuning docs I was reading were for mechanical carbs, not CV.  On CV carbs, the main jet plays a much broader part in the overall jetting.  Throttle position doesn't really mean much either, so RPM range is more important.  

The next step is to increase to 118 and see how that does.  If it's still not great, I'll jump up to 120. Then it will be on to tuning the rest of the range if the high RPM range is good. 


Stay safe out there. 

1 comment:

Surly said...

I really dig all you're doing with this. It's my kind of customizing. Very pragmatic but stylish in your own way. Keep it up! Unk would be excited about this.