3.08.2023

Project CBR600F: Quiet your can!

 When I purchased the factory exhaust system last year, I had hoped to have a quieter ride.  Unfortunately, someone had punched out the baffles, so while it was a bit quieter than the Delkevic, it was still loud and posed some jetting challenges.  I finally managed to track down a factory can with baffles, however, once I got it, I noticed some things didn't jive up.  

This new can had a different part number, was about 3-4 inches longer, and the mounting bracket didn't line up.  A quick search turned up that this can is from a CBR600F2, not a Hurricane.  The baffles are in place, so instead of starting a return process, I decided to just see how it goes. Some quick hack saw and drill work, and I had a flat bracket to fix the mount issue.  





Apparently, the junk yard gave my bike a name. I kinda dig it.

Now, I need to get my butt in gear and fix the coolant leak, and valve cover gasket replaced.  I didn't get squat done over the cold months but warmer garage weather is on it's way. 


I still owe a review for the LS2 Challenger helmet, but I also need to put more non interstate miles on it to rule out if my headaches were wind and strain related, or pressure from the size.  


Stay safe out there. 


No comments: