8.21.2024

Project Ducati: Grinding my gears, err, bolts.

 There's a reason I prefer to do all my own work, besides being kinda cheap, often on a thin budget, and being rather particular.  Too many times I've seen and heard about issues with "trained professionals" doing things the wrong way, or leaving vital things out during reassembly.  Take this example, not only did the rear tire get put on backwards, they also left out the conical spacer between the swingarm and the sprocket carrier. 

I felt a grinding sensation when pushing the bike but assumed it was due to the rusty chain.

That's one way to shorten bolts.

Isn't messing with the rear wheel/axle how they tried to kill Goose?

This could have been really, really bad.  I'm glad I kept fighting the urge to take the Duc on the highway for some speed runs, er advanced testing.  The new spacer is on it's way to my local Ducati shop.  We'll need to straighten out the left arm of the swingarm.  Maybe the decrease in friction will increase my mileage! 

This was shiny, but that damn anti-seize compound.


At the suggestion of many Ducatistas, I went with a stock 15 Front and a larger 41 Rear, which should improve the low speed / surface street experience. I'm excited to try out the taller rear sprocket.  


Stay safe out there... 

No comments: