5.05.2020

Project CBR600F: A New Leak

Well... I set the carbs on the rack, hooked up my test tank and opened the valve. And the bowls didn't leak, but the overflows poured fuel all over the place.





So, I drained them and put them back on the bench to double check the float heights.  During the reassembly, I stripped the threads on another body.  Honestly, I'm not ham-fisted and I know how tight to make the bowl screws.  So, I'm starting to wonder if the PO had these cranked down and weakened the aluminum threads.  Hopefully I can use the same remedy as the other body.  

I almost said "screw this whole project" and gave up, but I reassessed the situation and told the quitter voice to sod off.  I found the (overpriced) o-ring sets online and they'll be shipping next week.  I may need to break down both banks of carbs to make a complete set, whatever it takes. 

Once it's roadworthy, I need to address the ergonomics.  There is only so much I can do to modify to help open up the posture.  Some mx bars, risers and dropped foot pegs should help out.  My back and knee may not be tolerant of the sport crouch for very long. 


No comments: