6.24.2022

Project CBR600F: Factory spec is best spec.

 The moto-gods smiled upon me yesterday, and I was blessed with early arrival of both my OEM exhaust, and the new exhaust gaskets.  I managed to squeeze in time over lunch to hit the trouble spots with a wire wheel to remove rust and general gunk.  Then it was time for paint, or rather "ceramic coating", from Rust-oleum.  






My awesome wife also blessed me with some additional garage time, so with the exhaust drying for a few hours after its second coat, I was able to rejet the carbs back to factory spec and remove the Delkevic exhaust. So, now, besides the K&N filter, the bike is back to stock from a fuel/air perspective.  The Delkevic system is going on eBay, so I can try and recoup some of my funds that were spent on the OEM system. 


These carbs have had too much time on the bench, time to get in the game. I was torn on setting the mixture back to 2.25 turns vs 2.5, but in the end, I went with what the factory manual states, 2.25.  We'll see how it goes.  

Today is the big day! First is to "cure" the exhaust coating with a series of heat cycles.  Once complete, it will be time to take it out on a 30 min ride for final curing; which nicely doubles as a test ride! If all goes well, I'll be doing shake down runs this weekend and through next week.  Might actually get real riding time in this year! 

Stay safe out there. 


No comments: