6.15.2022

Project CBR600F: Nice and Snappy!

 After a few different attempts at used cables, and random "Honda" cables from a certain retailer named after a large river, I broke down and ordered custom cables from Motion Pro.  I measured, measured again, and then a third time; then placed the order.  It took about 3 weeks to get them to the tune of about $140.  Totally worth it, they fit perfectly! 

It took a few attempts to figure out the appropriate routing to avoid binding but eventually I found the best path.  Then, had to pull the cables to lube them.  I used a trick from MC Garage: 

This worked perfectly! I used some high end Dupont Dry Film lubricant that I use on my 3d printers. 


The routing was definitely a challenge since it's a bit of a mess behind the "gauge" cluster. 




Next is fresh fuel and some test rides to see if the 120 Mains are big enough.  I'm guessing they won't be but I should have enough larger Main sizes to get this narrowed down. Then it's on to the next step of the CV tuning guide http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_tuning_procedures/tuning_carbtune,CV,high_rpm_engines.html


Stay safe out there. 


No comments: