10.21.2019

Project CBR600F: Holding water!

On Saturday, it took some time to tackle the coolant leaks. I managed to drain the radiator without making a total mess but what did come out and make it into my bucket was pretty damn gross.  I think this bike has been sitting much longer than the previous owner was led to believe.  Looks like I may need to do a few frequent fluid changes for the coolant, brake fluids and engine oil.


Who likes dark roast radiator fluid?

I replaced the thin factory o-ring on the thermostatic switch with a beefier one and so far, she's holding water.  I replaced the lower hose clamp as there was a slight weep from the hose.  

In other news, my step father has returned from Japan and I am now the proud owner of a real JIS screwdriver.  No more stripped "philips" screws for me. 


I still need to leak test the carbs and fix the slight oil leak at the gen cover.  Making progress.

No comments: