5.24.2021

Project CBR600F: Missing Bits, Broken Bits, Messy Bits

 The headlight bucket print failed about 24+ hrs into the print job.  I missed a setting in the slicer program which resulted in lines crisscrossing the open spaces. Upset at first, but lessons learned. 


In regards to the weird dropping idle issue, after consulting some moto friends, one suggested my idle adjuster may physically be adjusting itself, in addition to the minor vacuum leak.  So, I checked my donor set of carbs and saw this. 

My set is missing the tension spring! Which, when I stopped and thought about it makes sense.  With how much I had to adjust the idle, it should have been damn near screwed all the way in or at least close but it wasn't.  


When trying to remove my carbs, which was more difficult than in the past, they popped off with some force. The tiny little dirty metal colored spring went for a vacation in my garage; only to be found when I gave up hope and went to search for a suitable replacement.  With that crisis resolved, I noticed my carbs were sitting crooked.  Well, apparently, I was too damn ham-fisted to work in the garage that night.  I snapped the plastic fuel T between the carb banks. 



Thankfully, I found a metal version on eBay.  So, it's kind of a happy accident, which gets me an upgrade. I tried to remove the one from my donor carbs, but most of the screws are stripped so badly I couldn't get them out, even with my fancy JIS screwdrivers. No worries, the new piece should be here Friday; and I still need to get dielectric grease for the carb boots.  

I did manage to print a fork seal driver, which is pretty cool and saves me $40. 



Stay safe out there. 

No comments: