7.24.2022

Project CBR600F: Pack it up, pack it in. Part 3

 With all three points mounted, I did some wiggling and while the case was secure, it had more play than I wanted. So, out came some flat aluminum stock, hack saw, and drill. Since these are more for stablizition, I think aluminum should be just fine.  The weight is spread through a total of 5 mounting points, so it should be distributed fairly well. 







Each washer has a rubber washer beneath it to keep water out, and the old holes are plugged with sealant.  However, I will need to drill a new hole for the wiring to exit.  Wiring, from a new set of tail lights because after testing the previously shown LED bars, I decided the turn signals were too dim to use on the street.  They'd work great as additional brake/tail lights but not as brake/tail/turn.


Can you see me now?

When I had my Buell Ulysses, I installed a brake light strobe, from SuperBrightLEDs.com. When I was shopping for a new set of taillights, I found that model again and ordered it.  The center brake light will be the only one wired to the strobe.  Between three brake lights, a strobe, and the sheer awful appearance of my motorcycle, I hope to be more visible to others on the road.  

The last step is wiring, which should be fairly painless since these lights use the same style bullet connector as the stock harness, I just need to lengthen the wires.  I ordered a set of 16ga wire, in standard automotive colors, should be her later this week.  Once that's complete, it will be time to rejet, and then wait until I can get out to test.  

Stay safe out there. 


No comments: