9.10.2024

Installation: Oxford Vintage Style Heated Grips

 I've had heated grips on every bike, besides my vintage Hondas. Typically, I install the cheap Kimpex set and do all my own wiring with a relay (XJ600 and the Hurricane). But this time, I dropped the coin for a set of the Oxford Vintage Style Heated Grips.  I didn't feel like running all the spaghetti to a relay and distribution blocks.  Plus, these include a sensor that turns off the grips if the voltage drops too low, or if the bike is shut off (after a few minutes).   Installation was simple, remove old grips, run your power feed, install new grips, route wires, test, and zip tie it all. 


Still so easy to work on! 



I'm not a fan of this, but it's better than nothing.



Still plenty of clearance if I have to brake while at WFO (don't do that).


Even after a few seconds on high, they were getting toasty!


I skipped the supplied super glue, and went with a light amount of JB Weld.


I love the retro style! 


I'm hoping to get some commutes in this week, and the morning temps have been nice and low so we'll get to see how they do.  


Stay safe out there.














No comments: