8.27.2022

Mods mods all kinds of mods!

I printed a new mount for my voltmeter, only to find out the whole thing was dead.  Sad trombone. My guess is that it couldn't handle the vibrations and shook itself to death.  So, I ordered a new one, along with the motocross style handguards I've been wanting.  Both were cheap on Amazon, and arrived in a few days.  The new voltmeter is right where I can see it, plus now includes a power off button!  


The handguards took some bending to get into place and came with quite possibly the worst hardware I have ever seen.  Oh well, what do you expect for under $30.  


I realized I had forgotten to put an oil change sticker on one of our cars, so after I did that I had an idea.  Why don't I use these for my bike?  I have just shy of 500 of them, more than I'll ever use.   So, use one I did. 

After my ride today, I decided I should probably adjust the manual cam chain tensioner, but neither of my 16mm wrenches will fit, it's a really awkward spot and I can see why Honda moved it to the left side of the engine case on the F2 series.  Eh, maybe next time. 


Stay safe out there. 

No comments: