7.15.2024

Project Ducati: Starting the strip down

 I've started pulling the carbs for a rebuild, as well as getting to more gunk that needs to be removed.  While the carbs are out, I'll be doing the cam belts and valve clearance check.  According to my secret sources, since my bike is just past 14k miles, I may not need to play the shim shuffle; as they tend to bed in and be pretty stable. Should be quite the adventure!  Cam belts and gaskets should be here any time. 

It's absolutely amazing to me how easy it is to access everything on this bike, and how simple it is, compared to the Hurricane.  


New petcock installed, and the gas tank has a kick stand!


New Brake pedal, in a faster color.


Damn right!


I must consult the three oracles.


What in the fettuccini is this doing on my fine Italian motorbike?


Pulled the crankcase evap canisters to help make room. Not sure if they'll get put back.


Look at all that room!


Engine just hanging out in the breeze.


Big battery sipping the juice.  No wonder the little Hurricane battery was struggling! 

Hopefully I'll get the carbs rebuilt tonight and the bike prepped for the rest of the service.  Once that's done, I need to install the new front tire and give it a once over.  Then it's time for the BMV! 

I'm still eyeing powder coating guns with the idea of picking up a cheap used stove and coating the smaller bits (engine covers etc) in house. It's kinda crazy how easy it looks compared to painting.  

No comments: